Well I am sure that you have noticed I am using a different theme. I just could not believe the flexibility of the theme, but I guess I should have since the name of it is “Flexibility”.
This new theme is by Ryan Grabenstein and he really did name it right. You can customize everything about this theme. As I said, I didn’t think there was that many thing to change.
Flexibility is an extremely customizable theme for WordPress. Control your blog width, sidebar widths and configuration, blog colors, graphics, background images and so much more. Download additional theme graphics, view tutorials on customization. Even though this theme is free Ryan will be glad to take a donation at FlexibilityTheme.com.
Here is a quote from the author’s page.
What is Flexibility?
Flexibility is a new free theme for WordPress blogs that gives you total creative freedom. Everyone has a different use for their blog and other themes constrain you to a pre-determined width, number of sidebars, or color scheme. Flexibility doesn’t!
How many times have you installed a blog widget only to find your sidebar positioned below your content? It’s because your sidebar is programmed to be a fixed width and the widget is wider than what the theme allows. This breaks your layout and if you don’t know CSS your only choices are to live with it, change themes or not use the widget. Flexibility eliminates this problem and gives you total freedom to customize your blog!
Flexibility theme features
- Easy-to-use control panel in your WordPress administration
- Absolutely no need to know CSS, HTML or PHP to completely customize your blog
- Multiple sidebar options: choose from a stacked sidebar with multiple sub-sidebars or make your sidebar just one column
- Free add-on graphics available to change as little or as much of your theme as you wish
- Use custom background and header images including CSS repeat parameters
- Easily create a full-width header or footer
- Take advantage of PNG transparency and create entirely new looks – even in IE6!
- Turn the search box, e-mail subscription, top sidebar and home page feature box on and off
- Have full control over the color of text, links and hover states
- Insert Google AdSense ads in 5 positions simply by selecting your color scheme, ad size, and content type
- Insert anaytics and statistics scripts without touching the code
This just scratches the surface at what can be accomplished with Flexibility! Take a look at the sample blog design gallery at the top of this page (refresh for more) and you’ll see the vast array of options and looks that are possible.
If you you are new to WordPress, this may be a little overwhelming at first as there are so many options. Just take your time and follow the tutorials.
Also it is possible that WordPress version 2.7 will be out before my next post. So keep your eye out for that. I think you will really like it.